Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Rav 4 Cruiser L
2.4 Cylinder Engine

When I depress the clutch it sticks to floor and I only just managed to get home. Upon inspection it seems to be squirting brake fluid when I depress the clutch from just above the gearbox, but I don't think it is the slave cylinder itself. I have taken a pic. If anyone can identify it and point me to how to replace it that would be great.

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Can you possibly take a pic of where you believe the leak is, which shows better or is better lit? From your photo it is difficult to see exactly where the problem might be - there doesn't seem to be any leakage. However, the problem which is being described would seem to have to do with defective or missing clutch return spring and spring action, release bearing and clutch diaphragm, or linkage arm, rather than from leakage which would be from the system which actually disengages the clutch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you possibly take a pic of where you believe the leak is, which shows better or is better lit? From your photo it is difficult to see exactly where the problem might be - there doesn't seem to be any leakage. However, the problem which is being described would seem to have to do with defective or missing clutch return spring and spring action, release bearing and clutch diaphragm, or linkage arm, rather than from leakage which would be from the system which actually disengages the clutch.
Does this help? The line from master cylinder feeds to this part and then as can be seen on pic goes from unidentified part to slave cylinder. I have called a couple of parts places including toyota and they have pretty much fobbed me off. They can't be bothered helping me identify the part.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts