Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello friends. after solve my hot water problem i try to solve my friends similar problem, but is problem is even worse.
he replaced a new head gasket, new radiator, new cap and new thermostat.
1st: the car was to hot and didn't open the thermostat... remove it and now the fan works... but the problem is in the road the temperature drops to Cold.
2nd: it run perfect in idle and if accelerator work normal.... if you starts to drive it on the road mil light opens ( read error 52 knock sensor) also in low rotation (1500-3000) seams sparks sometimes don't have ignition. if you press the accelerator it stay normal and no power problem.
already check:the water pump, the camshaft point, the timing belt point, the ignition point, the throttle position sensor, no intake air leaks.
at this point does not get hot (with no thermostat) but theres the code 52 and malfunction in low rotation... but if you push it runs normal.
heres a pic of my garage yesterday :D :

Attachments

·
Registered
621 Posts
These engines are designed to have a thermostat and work best with the proper thermostat.
When you removed the newly installed thermostat, did you test it? Was it good or bad?

Personally, I would use a Toyota stat. But that is just based on some reading I have done.

They look good all lined up!

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts