Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Struggling with this code P1155, have replaced top left o2 sensor, but getting same code again after clearing the old one. And CEL lights up again.
Even if I disconnect both sensors on bank2, the code is the same, is this right? Any other place I should look?

·
Registered
189 Posts
do you have a scantool or something that can clear the DTCs or trouble codes?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Mach:

Yes, it will be the same DTC because ECM will look for the sensor/s, it is going to opened ckt for those 2.

Ok, you said you removed the left sensor, P1155 is the right A/F sensor just below the crankshaft position sensor.

So when you're facing the front of the car, it is the left side of the exhaust area.

Would you like to try that?

You may wanna check your A/F sensor heater relay to on the left side of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Right/left is a bit confusing when it comes to these sensors, but what I ment is the left ones when standing in front of the car, P1155 is the code for the left ones after what I understand. I think I have replaced/swapped all four of the sensors now, but they are not Denco originals, just 4 wire universals. I see now that there is difference between upper and lover sensors, maybe thats my problem? Resistance is about 14 ohm on all.

Attachments

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think the 2001 is the same as my 2003.
P01155= Heated Oxygen Sensor Circuit – Bank 2 / Sensor 1. That's one of the top sensors and easy to get to. I don't recall which side. (driver/left or pass/right). I additionally purchased an (OEM) Denso from Amazon last year for around $115 USD. Denso part #234-9023 and additionally purchased a sensor socket (wrench) for about $12 (recommended).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did u cure the problem have exactly same problem but when I eBay ed up part fault code was diffrent to what torque was saying bank 2 sensor 1 and eBay sellers 2x saying p1155 is bank 1 sensor 2 any help to get fixed up would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Right/left is a bit confusing when it comes to these sensors, but what I ment is the left ones when standing in front of the car, P1155 is the code for the left ones after what I understand. I think I have replaced/swapped all four of the sensors now, but they are not Denco originals, just 4 wire universals. I see now that there is difference between upper and lover sensors, maybe thats my problem? Resistance is about 14 ohm on all.
Hi.
Toyota use another type of A/F sensor on the upstream sensors, so you can`t use a regular universal 4 wire sensor on these cars ( I think toyota use sensors that works in a sensor voltage on 3.6-3.8 volts, and I think most of other brands work in 2.5-3.5 volt range , nut sure if the numbers are correct, but I know that they are different because I have done the same as you before and bougt universal sensors without any luck ) so I would recomend to use original parts for this sensors ( not nessery to buy at dealers, can be found online at a lower price.

The down-stream sensors are regular oxygen sensors and here you can use universal sensors, they look similar to the upstream sensors, but works in a very different way.

Before you buy anything new, double check that the fuses for the heating elements in the sensors are ok, these are located in the fuse box under the hood if I remember correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts