Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my Rav in March it seems like every month I get a new engine light problem (and personally I'm getting tired of it).

I swung by Schucks and they checked the codes and we got P1155 - Air Fuel sensor heater circuit bank 2 sensor 1, anyone run across this? Bueller? Bueller?

M

·
0 Posts
Hello. I was wondering if you found out what this problem was? I have the same code showing up on my computer. If it's as simple has having the a/f sensor replaced, I could do that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Mongoose,

I just got a call from the STEALER about 5 min ago and they want $426.90 to fix it. Which includes the $90 for diagnostic (which I told them already what it was), $248.90 for the part and the rest labor. I'm ready to take this piece of crap Toyota and trade it in. The Stealer said it is not covered under warranty even though it is part of the emissions system. I mentioned the emissions system is 8 yr 80K miles, he said sorry this piece is 3 yr 36K.

I've got a printout about the piece from the local library which has an AllData database FYI.

M

·
0 Posts
What was the part? If it's the oxygen sensor, that's about $100 for the part and it's easy enough to replace that I was going to do it myself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the air/fuel sensor part # 89467-42020 This particular sensor is coming out the front of the header towards the radiator.

I installed it myself and gound out that my particular Rav4 is actually a Canadian model so the US dealers couldn't find any info on it and had to call the LA headquarters to verify part #'s, etc. The real problem I had was the parts fiche the parts guys were using called out the correct part number but for the drivers side sensor (drawing was screwed up) so they had me take that one off and when the wires were 3 inches to short I went back and gave me the Oxygen sensor which had wires 2' long... Part numbers were all wrong, back to the Stealer again and thats when we got everything straightened out. Anyway, the rav runs without an engine light for 1 day now so we'll keep our fingers crossed.

The service manager was glad that I could get them out as some basically seize into the headers. He mentioned that their was a Tundra V8 that had to get theirs replaced and it took the techs 11 hrs because they kept breaking tools trying to extra them. I bet thats gonna cost a fortune.

Anyway, good luck and if you have any questions drop me a line.

M

·
0 Posts
Was your car warmed up when you took it out? Supposedly they are really hard to get out when the engine is cold. Warming it up expands the metal and makes it easier.

·
Registered
51 Posts
yeah i have a 2004 S ... and i just bought it used...i got the same problem, i think, and they told me that it was a recall item on the car...having to do with certain air pressure or current ...something like that...my check engine light and my trac light were on at the same time...i was told that the trac light comes off beacuse the traction control turns off while the check engine light is on...hope this is a help...stop by toyota.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Signguy said:
Since I got my RAV in March it seems like every month I get a new engine light problem (and personally I'm getting tired of it).

I swung by Schucks and they checked the codes and we got P1155 - Air Fuel sensor heater circuit bank 2 sensor 1, anyone run across this? Bueller? Bueller?
What year is your Rav?

I have a 2003 Rav and have not had any problems yet. No check engine lights.

A

·
0 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts