Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
In addition to the above posts/comments, the P1604 code can also be triggered by pressing the START button when the engine is already running/started; what I found is although this code does Not trigger the MIL to come On, having this code does seem to block certain TIS functions from communicating with the ECU specifically certain power train Live Data being displayed (if at all). This code needs to be cleared before normal communication/live data can properly displayed for all available power train sensors (i.e. ATF temp and etc.).

·
Super Moderator
10,929 Posts
Neggy made that comment 5 years ago and hasn't been on the forum since.
My experience with my RAV4 altho it's a 4.3 is that codes will show up most any time I read them. I don't take them seriously and they seem to have no effect until an error light gets set.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Neggy made that comment 5 years ago and hasn't been on the forum since.
My experience with my RAV4 altho it's a 4.3 is that codes will show up most any time I read them. I don't take them seriously and they seem to have no effect until an error light gets set.
Thank you Dr. Dyno, the way I interpret your answer is that if check engine light is not showing up and the vehicle is behaving fine then the p1604 does not really matter, right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you Dr. Dyno, the way I interpret your answer is that if the check engine light is not showing up and the vehicle is behaving fine then the p1604 does not really matter, right?
Thank you very much, Dr. Dyno.
I have taken help from an inspector to inspect the vehicle and he passed it and he was not able to reproduce it.

@Dr. Dyno can I buy this RAV4 which has passed the inspector's rigorous inspection but has a historical p1604?

·
Super Moderator
10,929 Posts
I'd buy it but use the code for a discount.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you Dr. Dyno, you and this group are a blessing for people like me.
May God bless you and your loved ones!
You have solved a big problem of mine, I love this vehicle that I am about to buy and I was so very much worried about P1604, thank you VERY MUCH.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts