Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i recently went to a autozone nearby because my check engine light was on for one week then it's go by itself after that then is coming back again they PUT THE Scanner an told me about this two codes the po 171 says: THE PCM HAS DETERMINED THAT DURING TESTING. THE FUEL SYSTEM FOR BANK 1 WAS TOO LEAN(BANK 1 IDENTIFIES THE LOCATION OF CYLINDER #1 WHILE BANK 2 IDENTIFIES THE CYLINDERS ON THE OPPOSITE BANK)

The other one says: CODE PO 401: THE PCM HAS DETERMINED THAT THERE IS A INSUFFICIENT FLOW IN THE EXHAUST GAS RECIRCULATION SYSTEM

does anybody knows what does mean exactly or what am i suppose to do?
:!:
thank u

·
Registered
2 Posts
i got the same issue going on right now too. i changed spark plugs, wires, air filter, thermostat. deep cleaned with sea foam too :( gonna try messin with vsv and checking vacuum lines to egr soon. i will let ya know if i get it figured out. does your rav rpm kinda pulse while in neutral worsening in the higher rpms? 3k to 3.5k fluctuates on mine like +-250

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak to me.
Maybe in one of the egr control hoses, the egr valve itself, or the vsv.

If you are not going to have someone fix it, then go out and buy a chiltons or haynes manual for the rav and read it.

That will get you on the way to fixing minor problems on cars and saving lots of money.

You can also dazzle your friends with talk about exhaust gas recurculation!

Brett

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I solved that problem recently, i replaced O2 sensors Before and after catalytic converter and coolant sensor and got back to normal after all, check your idle control valve to make sure is working correctly!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts