Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So, I've got an '07 V6, and it seems I'm hitting what lots of other people have before me - the coil packs (one in particular) are starting to get cranky, and it's time to do some replacement. Since the car's coming up on 200k miles, not too surprising...

What I'm trying to figure out - which ones to get! I've found a bunch of old threads from a few years ago here, talking about this, and lots of discussion about 'old style' vs 'new style', and collections of Toyota part numbers. It seems like 90919-A2007 is the part number, but again, lots of comments about people ordering that part, and getting one with a different part number.

So, the questions:
1) Worth going with the official Toyota part vs what appear to be many much cheaper aftermarket options?
1a) If so, anyone got a good place to order them from that won't charge $$$$ like my local dealer?
2) Or, if aftermarket is good - same kinda Q - got a brand preference, and where to get them?

Thanks everyone - appreciate it!
Dirk

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Hi all,

So, I've got an '07 V6, and it seems I'm hitting what lots of other people have before me - the coil packs (one in particular) are starting to get cranky, and it's time to do some replacement. Since the car's coming up on 200k miles, not too surprising...

What I'm trying to figure out - which ones to get! I've found a bunch of old threads from a few years ago here, talking about this, and lots of discussion about 'old style' vs 'new style', and collections of Toyota part numbers. It seems like 90919-A2007 is the part number, but again, lots of comments about people ordering that part, and getting one with a different part number.

So, the questions:
1) Worth going with the official Toyota part vs what appear to be many much cheaper aftermarket options?
1a) If so, anyone got a good place to order them from that won't charge $$$$ like my local dealer?
2) Or, if aftermarket is good - same kinda Q - got a brand preference, and where to get them?

Thanks everyone - appreciate it!
Dirk
Read POST #267 of this thread from Dr. Dyno

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/99-4-3-mechanical/85765-check-engine-light-vsc-4wd-lights-explained-27.html#post2412913

Ignition Coil Set of 6 Kit for Camry Avalon Rav4 Sienna Venza RX350 ES350 3.5L | eBay

·
Super Moderator
10,147 Posts
Wow, a set of six for $89!! I just paid half that for two of the same ones from the same seller. But no worries, I may never need either of them.

Of course to make the price work you have to install them yourself but you must have changed spark plugs by now who did that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, that was quick. Thank you - I can buy a set of 6 for what I was quoted for a single one. For that price, I'm willing to try some aftermarket ones.

Oh, and Dr Dyno - yep, I've changed spark plugs before. I think I can handle this. :smile

1 - 5 of 5 Posts