Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the nice new features built into the new Rav I am surprised they didn't give us a coin holder. I picked up one at PepBoys today for $4. I was hoping it'd fit in the little storage area on the left side of the dash (by where the instrument lighting control is). Unfortunately the top of the coin holder (where the coins go) slopes, so the back part won't fit in. But I can still get half of it to fit in and it doesn't move around so that's good enough.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Coin holder

I agree. If anyone finds a coin holder that will somehow fit in the small, upper part of the armrest, please send a link.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I never noticed that either, thanks! I think I still prefer the one I bought at PepBoys. It will probably hold more change.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Heh, I always thought that was what kept it latched. Oh well, that's not room for much change but better than nothing. I still might want a separate unit with more storage.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How well do pennies fit in the coin holder in the armrest console? The one I bought doesn't have a holder for pennies so maybe I'll use the built-in one for just pennies.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried the pennies in there today and didn't really like how they fit. It almost seemed like they were going to fall through or something. But I guess it's better than nothing. I definitely like the coin holder I bought better.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wait a sec! The armrest is two tiered?

I have a limited. Does it have this feature?

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
I used to throw all my change into the ashtray... Can't do that anymore! *sigh!* :?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm weird. I never have put coins in my car? I don't go to fast-food joints, toll booths, etc. So...perhaps this is why? For the car wash...I use "tokens" which are paper certificates the size of a cash bill. I LOVE having that top glove box...this is where those are placed! :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol...this has to be one of the funniest strings of posts I've read in a long time...Thanks :lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
karrock said:
I used to throw all my change into the ashtray... Can't do that anymore! *sigh!* Confused
I know, you can fit a lot of change in the ashtray in our Camry. It's perfect for it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I reallize its not the perfect solution but, b4 they even had coin holders I would keep my nickles, dimes & quarters in 35mm film cannisters. I just wrote on the lid what was inside. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts