Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to the forum, proud Rav owner since January. Today my daughter dropped a chuck e cheese coin in the CD player. It loads and ejects CDs put then it says error and won't play the cd. Other functions work: radio and aux so I guess that's better than nothing. Any tips on how I can get the coin out? I have a warranty but I don't think it will cover it. Thanks in advance! Any feedback is appreciated.

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
Welcome! You can try to insert carefully a wire probe into the CD to see whether the coin can be pulled out via that method. If that doesn't work and your radio/cd unit is like mine in my 4.3 RAV, extracting that piece probably means removing the unit from its mounting in the dash and trying to shake it so that the coin moves to the front. If that doesn't work it may be necessary to take the unit to a competent radio/electronics repair shop, or if feeling competent enough disassemble it enough to be able to remove the coin yourself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I might have better luck taking it to a shop. It's a good thing I mostly use the aux to listen to music. Kids these days haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts