Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 RAV4 V6 that I just bought, only 36000km; I used to have a 2009 RAV4 4L before. It is winter here in Canada and I noticed that lot of very cold air is coming from the glove box, especially when the cover is opened. My Toyota dealer tried to fix the problem without success, I called Toyota Canada Head Office and they told me to go back to the dealer, they don't have a clue about that problem. I didn't have that problem with my 2009 RAV4 4L.

Anyone in the forum ever experienced that?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Is your cabin air filter cover installed correctly?

·
Registered
41 Posts
are you sure that the glove box cooling valve is not closed? on my rav4 there is a valve, that you can turn open or closed, when it is open it will blow cold air from the A/C to cool the glove box. for cooling drinks and other stuff

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
are you sure that the glove box cooling valve is not closed? on my rav4 there is a valve, that you can turn open or closed, when it is open it will blow cold air from the A/C to cool the glove box. for cooling drinks and other stuff
Sounds like another feature we don't get here in N. America.

·
Registered
41 Posts
and IF you do KEEP the glove box OPEN, the cold air from the A/C will come into the car all the time, cos the valve is not sealed against the cold air pipe head, cos the valve is installed inside the glove box.

it is kind of funny, that the USA models had less options then the euro spec ones, usually the usa ones have more then the euro.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
It is kind of funny, that the USA models had less options then the euro spec ones, usually the USA ones have more then the euro.
We've long known that Diesels and manual transmissions are available in Europe but not in North America. And I've seen pictures of a code readout on the odometer, but this is the first I've heard of a cooled glove box.
Since charlevoix418 is in Canada his isn't a USA spec RAV4 and if it has the cooled box he must have gotten a Euro spec model somehow that neither he nor the dealer are aware of. Wonder if it also has the code readout odometer. Interesting!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Ah, the Euro model. Stick a bottle of champagne in the glove box.

·
Registered
41 Posts
well, yes mine i think has all the options... they had on 2006, like:
2,2 D-CAT engine 130kw stock, after removing dpf and remapping the d-cat now has 220hp 500nm torque
6speed manual
smart key and Push start/stop
factory sat/nav
auto a/c
factory hitch
2 sets of factory run on flat 18inch wheels (one with winter other with summer tyres)
projector headlights, front/rear fogs,
auto headlights
auto whipers
auto dimming backup mirror
heated and foldable mirrors
lether + electric + heated seats
fender flairs/mudflaps

not sure what more, that the usa may not have

oh right and here is the picture of cooled glove box from inside:

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Ah, the Euro model. Stick a bottle of champagne in the glove box.

I'm with pico - use the Euro model cooled glove box to its maximum potential! But first' I'd need to empty mine of all of the stuff inside . . . :winkHaving owned cars in both Europe and the U.S. it seems that the U.S. generally gets stripped-down versions and with fewer choices.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
well, yes mine i think has all the options... they had on 2006, like:
2,2 D-CAT engine 130kw stock, after removing dpf and remapping the d-cat now has 220hp 500nm torque
6speed manual
projector headlights, rear fogs,
In addition to these we also didn't get:

Headlight leveling switch
Auto wipers
Homelink option

And maybe a few more...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts