Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
680 Posts
Putting a CAI in my RAV is one of the best mods i've done. Other people who have put CAIs in their RAVs will also agree that it's a very good mod to do. I can't say how much more power it gave me but it did give more power, better acceleration, a beefier noise and a little bit better fuel economy. You can see pics of it here: http://www.compact4wd.com/rav4oz/members.asp?username=mozarav4 :D

· Registered
680 Posts
That pic up above is not a CAI. It's a sports intake you can buy off Ebay. I also have one in my RAV but i've modified it into a CAI now. And the point made earlier about water injestion is true. If that's gonna pose a problem then i'd think twice about a CAI. For me it does not pose a problem. And even if i had to drive thru deep water i can just disconnect the hose that joins my shielded pod filter so no water can get into the engine. Below are a couple of pics of my CAI.

· Registered
680 Posts
All the rain we get in Melbourne (which isn't much) doesn't pool up into big puddles so i'm not too worried. Plus i would have to fully submerge my air intake point in water and then the water would have to travel up the pipe to get to the filter. Possibility of that happening here is almost nil.

· Registered
680 Posts
Mike, the plastic get hot (as does everything else in the engine bay) but not that hot. Other plastic components get hotter. I guess the chromey finish helps to reflect some of the heat and as Derek said, it's always getting cool air from down low.

One of these days i'm going to hook up a digital thermometer to the intake pipe and see what the temp readings are.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.