Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,453 Posts
So far I have been through some major downpours and splashed through deep puddles at speed; without any interference to my CAI. I cannot say that I have been in water deep enough to submerge my CAI front air scoop; but I would really think twice about entering water that deep in the first place. :lol:

So truthfully, from experience, I haven't had any problems with my ram air intake on many occassions of heavy rain if that is of any help. :D

· Registered
1,453 Posts
Yup Mike, plastic does retain alot of heat; probably not as much as metal though. :roll: That's why you should go with carbon fiber, one of the best materials to use for heat resistance.

I've noticed that as hard as I can push the engine (and the resultant heat build up in the engine compartment); this setup runs flawless. It always gets a blast of cool air from the front of my RAV!

· Registered
1,453 Posts
mike4 said:
Thanks guys.

Derek.. is that a custom cf pipe? I'm looking for a CAI for a 2000 RAV4. - and none of the 'online shops" seem to have them.. Just putting a filter on there won't work since there's a sensor..
Yes it is. Check out the install (with pics) here:

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/683136/2

I've been running this setup for quite some time now with great results! :D

· Registered
1,453 Posts
One vacuum line attaches to the valve cover as can clearly be seen in Stelly's photos. The other one attaches to the (charcoal cannister?) that is located under the main fuse box. When you remove your factory air box you'll know what I am referring to. There should also be another hole for the air sensor to plug into. Hope this helps. :D

By the way, Stelly, I love your cupholder; very unique. :lol: If I am not mistaken, your "cupholder" is an bracket that is used to attach the factory square mass air flow sensor (not on our RAVs) to the intake tube. This intake probably is a universal application that fits other applications as well as the RAV. :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.