Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have recently bought a weapons-r cold air intake for my 02 rav4. I was a little disappointed that I had to modify the aluminum tube to meet the angle so that stress would be taken off the rubber matting system. In fact it was more like a 45 degree modification. Not to mention that the picture looks like a long ram. Anyways, all is good now with the mods and later I can further modify it to a long ram. I have a scoop tube mounted to the end of the filter with no place for a scoop. I’ve seen some of the cold air intake mods and since I want to stick with the sort ram for a while. Where is a good place to mount a ram scoop? There is a simple round scoop at AutoZone that would work out fine. I have just not been able to find a place for it. The best place would be in front of the radiator and or down by the driving lights, yet no room. The other best solution would be to mount a scoop on the hood, I do not want to do that right now. Is there a secret place under the wheel well I missed or something?

Thanks,
Justin

W

·
0 Posts
I have an 04 Chili Edition that comes with the hood scoop (fake), but I was thinking that it could be modded to be a real intake and put a short-ram intake by it. Not sure if you would want to buy a chili hood and try something like that. Also not 100% sure if the hoods are same from 02 to 04 but I imagine all 2nd gens would be the same.

I will have to take a look around this weekend and maybe I can find some place the would work for you. I would like to see some pictures if you get something figured out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WALKER said:
I have an 04 Chili Edition that comes with the hood scoop (fake), but I was thinking that it could be modded to be a real intake and put a short-ram intake by it. Not sure if you would want to buy a chili hood and try something like that. Also not 100% sure if the hoods are same from 02 to 04 but I imagine all 2nd gens would be the same.

I will have to take a look around this weekend and maybe I can find some place the would work for you. I would like to see some pictures if you get something figured out.

Thanks,
yes pictures please. I have a place now with a scoop on the bottom that I am not thrilled with. I rather have the hood scoop.
I just do not want to chop into the hood until I have seen it done.
justin

·
Registered
184 Posts
jevans106 said:
WALKER said:

Thanks,
yes pictures please. I have a place now with a scoop on the bottom that I am not thrilled with. I rather have the hood scoop.
I just do not want to chop into the hood until I have seen it done.
justin
Do the factory hood scoop hoods actually do anyhting? If not, they would be prime to mod to the airbox

1 - 5 of 5 Posts