Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So what am I looking at if I want to get color changed on my RAV4. It is silver. I do love silver but I have fallen in love with the color below. Since I won't be buying any new 4x4 cars ever because they don't come in a stick shift in USA anymore what I have will be what I have for a long time so planning to repaint in a few years.

Painting silver back on will be simple and cheap but changing color THE RIGHT WAY will be expensive and hard.

What is the color code for this color? The picture is from a Canadian vehicle I believe.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sedona Sunset Metallic (4J6).

Probably not very popular, as its availability was limited to just 1998 Ravs.
Awesome... now I will have to start getting quotes to budget for something like this in the next few years. :D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
If you are interested, HERE is a chart that lists all the available colors for the 1st gen RAVs. Click on the color name to see some RAVs painted in that color.

In searching Google Images, some pictures of the "Sedona Sunset" RAV4 look brown, in others it has a bit of orange and in others it looks like bronze.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,971 Posts
Painting silver back on will be simple and cheap but changing color THE RIGHT WAY will be expensive and hard.

What is the color code for this color? The picture is from a Canadian vehicle I believe.
I call that COPPER, and I think it looks really nice. You could take that picture to any body shop, and I'm sure they could match it or come up with something very close.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Since I won't be buying any new 4x4 cars ever because they don't come in a stick shift in USA anymore
Very not true. The Subaru Crosstrek and well as all Jeep Wranglers are 4WD and available with a manual transmission. But I understand what you mean. Us manual transmission drivers are a dying breed and it is sad.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very not true. The Subaru Crosstrek and well as all Jeep Wranglers are 4WD and available with a manual transmission. But I understand what you mean. Us manual transmission drivers are a dying breed and it is sad.
I think I should have wrote Toyota 4x4s :D ... just love them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts