And a paint job

Fixing:
roof

Thanks god I have full coverage.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
$500 deductable....there goes the fog lights and alarm system I was going to install this year...

what a bummer :cry:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Slayer said:
This is why I opted not to plant any huge trees anywhere near my house. They look nice and all, but if a storm decides to break something off the tree...whammo...tears city..
Well, that's like being afraid to leave the house then ending up dying by slipping in the bathtub. :) Trees have their uses. I'd hate to think how much higher my utility bill would be if the house weren't fairly well shaded.

Trees fall. It's what they do. Glad Ants had insurance, though it's pretty much sucky about the deductible.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Ouch! That hurts just looking at the pics. I hope you can get it fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
771 Posts
There are better ways to bring home your Chirstmas tree than on your hood man! By the way isn't it a little early for that.

"Little full--- Lot of sap." "Its the Grizwald family Christmas tree!" "....dug it up mayself!"

Later. M. :lol:

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm no estimator, but that breakdown looks excessive. Here's my amature guestimate:

Replacing:
Hood - $800
Front fenders - $400
Front bumper - $600
Driver side mirror - $350
Windshield (scratches) - replacement $275 including labor and parts
And a paint job - $800

These are conservative estimates and they add up to $3225. I'd have another look at it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zoomie said:
I'm no estimator, but that breakdown looks excessive. Here's my amature guestimate:

Replacing:
Hood - $800
Front fenders - $400
Front bumper - $600
And a paint job - $800

These are conservative estimates and they add up to $3225. I'd have another look at it.
Zoomie, I'm pretty sure he means the prices in Canadian. Still expensive here, but that seems right about right.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ants in my Pants said:
$500 deductable....there goes the fog lights and alarm system I was going to install this year...

what a bummer :cry:
SERENITY NOW! When some moron broke into my car in May, I had to pay a $300 deductible. At the time, I interpreted it as three nights of accommodation on a road trip. :(

Oh well, on the bright side, I went to Speedy Glass and collected AirMiles. :)

This past summer, on the way home from a road trip in Washington and Oregon, I discovered a "door ding" on my passenger side door! :roll: At first, I was a little POed, but hey, what's the deal, eh?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
a good paint job is a least 2000$ cdn or maybe 1700$ US (or 1000$ for only one side), i hope thay will repaint the car completely.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zoomie said:

Replacing:
Hood - $800
Front fenders - $400
Front bumper - $600
And a paint job - $800

It is in Canadian $...and I just spoke to the body guy, he said that the desiel hood with scoop will cost double

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Slayer said:
Ants in my Pants said:
It is in Canadian $...and I just spoke to the body guy, he said that the desiel hood with scoop will cost double
Go for it. Might as well since you're already replacing alot of things. Your RAV will look much cooler with it.
You paying?

·
Registered
147 Posts
800 $ Canadian for a normal hood seems extremely expensive to me. I got quoted 500 $ Canadian for a new diesle model hood (unpainted as I'm assuming yours would be). That price was from Toyota here in Switzerland and in general, EVERYTHING here is AT LEAST twice as expensive as home. I think they might be trying to rip off your insurance company! Taking advantage of the fact that you're responable for the deductable either way, and charging ridiculously high prices for what will be paid for by the insurance co. Just my .02cts.

Ps: Any damage to the car parked beside the Rav??

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
holy cr.p... so sorry, hope u get it fixed and burn that f...ing tree. :(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts