Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the final stages of deciding between the 2017 RAV4, 2016 Nissan Rogue, 2017 Honda HRV, Nissan Juke. I have driven a Honda Civic Coupe for past 20 years but now want elevated seated position and AWD for more comfort & safety. Wondering about cameras & sensors work in snowy conditions. And curious about new ownership satisfaction

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
I'm in the final stages of deciding between the 2017 RAV4, 2016 Nissan Rogue, 2017 Honda HRV, Nissan Juke. I have driven a Honda Civic Coupe for past 20 years but now want elevated seated position and AWD for more comfort & safety. Wondering about cameras & sensors work in snowy conditions. And curious about new ownership satisfaction
This is a RAV4 forum, but here people are replacing their 3rd generation RAVs (2006-2012) mostly with Jeeps (apparently selling like hotcakes here) and Subarus. New owner satisfaction - don't know who rates that but Consumer Reports rates owner satisfaction in general. Many public libraries have that magazine, but to access the info online one must subscribe and a fee is involved. Reliability - Toyota ranks at or very near the top in surveys.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do subscribe to CR and have read & watched lots of reviews as part of my research. Was just looking for input from recent purchasers of RAV4 as to why they may have chosen the RAV4 over the competition. Just another source of information as I make my decision. Thanks for your feedback.

This is a RAV4 forum, but here people are replacing their 3rd generation RAVs (2006-2012) mostly with Jeeps (apparently selling like hotcakes here) and Subarus. New owner satisfaction - don't know who rates that but Consumer Reports rates owner satisfaction in general. Many public libraries have that magazine, but to access the info online one must subscribe and a fee is involved. Reliability - Toyota ranks at or very near the top in surveys.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
I do subscribe to CR and have read & watched lots of reviews as part of my research. Was just looking for input from recent purchasers of RAV4 as to why they may have chosen the RAV4 over the competition. Just another source of information as I make my decision. Thanks for your feedback.
It appears that there isn't any thread here which specifically deals with initial owner satisfaction. Probably the best approach would be to browse through the 4th generation forum and read owner comments:
RAV4.4 Fourth Generation (2013+ Models) - Toyota RAV4 Forums

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'll go. I bought a 16 RAV4 Limited Hybrid because I like the looks of them and I wanted a hybrid. Mine has all the bells and whistles with the exception of the overhead camera view. I've had it about three months and have put about 3,500 mikes on it and I absolutely love it. I considered a CRV and the similar-sized Buick but didn't drive them because my primary want was the hybrid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts