Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELL YEAH I found a brand new bosal cat-back exhaust system for the 96-97 rav4 at a price I cant pass up :D

But the problem is, ive got a 98 rav.... I know the actual muffler can be fitted onto the 98.... but will the cat-back pipe fit? anyone know? I cant seem to find any info about it since bosal has quit making them.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Drifter, the Bosal exhaust system (for '96 - '97) will not be a bolt-in exchange with your 1998 + RAV. When doing research on my exhaust system, I did look at the Bosal system. I even contacted one seller who installed these on other RAVs. He said that they will not fit the later model 4.1 RAVs due to the length of the cat. converter.

I also know for a fact that the muffler hangers between the different years of 4.1 RAVs are different. I installed an HKS sport exhaust that was designed for the '96 - '97 RAVs, and the placement of the hanger mounts are totally different. Therefore, the exhaust shop had to relocate the hanger mounts on the muffler for it to fit my RAV.

You could probably still get the Bosal system and have it custom fitted by an exhaust shop. They have the tools and experience to custom fit it to your RAV. :D

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well see, I knew about the different hangers, I wanted to know if the actual cat-back pipe would bolt up without any problems. but now that you said the cat is longer on the 98-00's, see if Ican work my way aroudn it. Eitehr way, for the price he wants to sell it to me, its not a bad buy either way.

Eh, if worse comes to worse... I can just go ahead a replace everything from the header back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts