Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find my original post or the responses of the fine people who tried to help me, but I wanted to report, if any of them find this, that my problem is solved. But not by Toyota. What I reported and asked for help with was an issue of where the contact list on my phone would not download to the car's infotainment system. I have a 2019 Limited Hybrid with the Audio Plus system and large screen display. My phone was a Samsung Galaxy S9 with Android Version 9 OS. And while the phone history and messages would display on the auto's screen, the contacts would not. While trying to load, the upload always ended with an error message. One of the people who tried to help me said his Samsung Galaxy Note 9 connected with his auto and made the contact list available, but of course, a Note 9 is different than a S9. But what I did learn was that the Note 9 user had upgraded his OS to Android 10. I then checked and learned that Android 10 was not yet available for my S9. The other day, my phone notified me that it had an update, and I went ahead and installed. The following day, after noticing more changes than normal, I checked the Android version number and sure enough, it was 10. So I quickly went outside and started my car to see what would happen. Sure enough, the contact list loaded to my car and I was able to see and use it without an issues. I hope the person who gave me hope with his Note 9 sees this because I want to tahnk him for giving me hope that there was a remedy for my issue.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good for you. I have the same problem with my Note 8 and my R4HLimited. My phone synced perfectly but the contacts won't load. We went to another car on the lot and my phone wouldn't sync to that RAV either. To make matters worse one of the other salesman's Note 8 easily loaded his contacts on my car.

After reading your post I noticed that my phone has android version 9. I read that the note 8 will not be getting version 10 Android update. Looks like I'll be getting a new phone soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for you. I have the same problem with my Note 8 and my R4HLimited. My phone synced perfectly but the contacts won't load. We went to another car on the lot and my phone wouldn't sink to that RAV either. To make matters worse one of the other salesman's Note 8 easily loaded his contacts on my car.

After reading your post I noticed that my phone has android version 9. I read that the note 8 will not be getting version 10 Android update. Looks like I'll be getting a new phone soon.
While we (the dealership and I) were trying to determine what was causing the problem, we did find out that the problem only affected 2019 RAV4's as we had no problem loading the contacts to a 2020 model. I was shown how the contact list loaded with an iPhone 8. I told them that their compatibility list included the S9 and then later was told that the S9 was removed from the list. So Toyota knew there was a problem but was not divulging where the problem was. I can't believe that they never tried a Samsung product with Android 9. At the time that the 2019 RAV4 was introduced, the S9 and Android 9 were the most current versions. I am sorry that you will be forced to buy an new phone so that you can use the car's phone contact system, but maybe that can be an excuse to upgrade when otherwise you wouldn't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts