Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes the owner's manual reminds me of those that came with late 60's Japanese motorcycles. Is there, on this forum or elsewhere, a detailed tutorial on the MID display and the Entune. I took delivery of a 2017 RAV4 XLE yesterday.
Maybe I just need to be a little more patient, but my 2016 Camry LE was easy to decipher. Well, it was a lot simpler, so that could it.

Thanks for any help. You have a nice group here.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Sometimes the owner's manual reminds me of those that came with late 60's Japanese motorcycles.
Are you kidding us? Late 60s motorcycles were primitive. Can you please elaborate? My last MC was a Ducati 900ss which was just right with nothing, and of course my life-long bike I built from scraps, below, was ultra-primitive. Please tell us more.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A quote that stands out went something like this "Should a pedestrian hoove into sight, tootle him briskly with the horn." Another was "The purpose of the carburetor is for the mixing of air and fuel to cause an explosion."
The translators in those days were not the best, Amusing, but not good.

·
Registered
210 Posts
paperboy,

i think this one is from Toyota itself,..check if it's a good one. I don't have the MID so i didn't go through the entire video to confirm if it's good.

Note the video says it's for a '16 (and a Hybrid at that?) so just compare with what applies to you..
There's this other video for a '17... should probably be the same for '16s ..so might want to start with the Toyota video first. Yup, a picture(i.e.,owner's manual) is worth a thousand words... but video.. a million (?)...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Here's one for Entune. (But is for a Tacoma. I'm guessing the functions would be similar?) This has a sort-of-an-index to the topics, at "time: 0:23" . Hopefully other members can send you a link of a good Tutorial specifically for a Rav, and a 17, to help you out.

·
Registered
644 Posts
You Toyota dealer must walk thru with the functions. You will receive a survey from Toyota and there is a question if the dealer did introduce you with the all control components.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts