Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, been poking around with adding more connections in my car (2012 RAV4 AWD I4) to feed the constantly growing number of electronics I find myself using. I already have one add-a-circuit under the dash, but it makes it so I can't close the fuse box lid and I'd rather have a direct connection if possible. I noticed that there are a few unused circuits for accessories I don't have, like moon roof, heated seats, fr fog lights, and rr fog (labeled "no circuit"). Is it possible to hook directly up to these without major vehicular disassembly? Seems kinda silly to use an add-a-circuit with all these perfectly fine circuits just sitting there. I'm tired of having to deal with bulky cigarette lighter adapters, and want to hide the mess of cables I have running around my dash.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I would think you could tho I have never done it...you could also add USB ports to accessory slots that currently have blank plates in them...I have 2 cellphone charging cables plugged into the center console outlet and the wires running out the bottom of that and down the passenger side of the console...that way the wires are hidden while not in use,but easy to get to when something needs to be charged...I also mounted a stand alone satellite radio in the wife's car...I ran all the wires down the arm that holds the radio and into the top of the dash...ran them all to connections so they are unseen and out of the way...just gotta be a little creative sometimes..

·
Super Moderator
10,134 Posts
I see no issue with connecting into unused spaces as long as they are wired for the kind of current you'll be drawing and are hot when you want. The add-a-circuit fuse holders are the easiest way to do it. I have two types. One is low profile so the lid will close but it needs an empty space next to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts