Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks - this looks like a great forum for a first time RAV4 owner (2007 RAV4 Ltd)
I have replaced the factory stereo with a Kenwood DPX-5100BT. All is good with the install (including a Cerwin Vega sub), but I'm not sure how to connect the steering wheel controls. Do I use the Learning remote/Steering remote cables to connect to the black, white and red cables from the steering wheel controls? What about the light blue/yellow SWC wire? Does it connect to the remaining violet wire? (see photos) Thanks to metaldave for harness wiring diagrams
Any assistance gratefully received

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, I just read that I can't post photos until I have 5 posts under my belt, so I'll have to do a few more quick posts - my original post won't make much sense without photos

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And number 5, I hope - can anyone explain the 5 post requirement before being able to post photos?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,528 Posts
And number 5, I hope - can anyone explain the 5 post requirement before being able to post photos?
Yes, the 5 post limit is to prevent spammers from joining and posting links and photos which are advertisements and/or scams.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's been a while since I did mine but based on your photo, black would go to the ground and red and white would go to input 1 &2 or input 2 &1 (shouldn't matter which one). My stereo only had 1 input so I had to put a resistor in series with one of the inputs to have different resistance between both inputs.

Something I did find was that the resistance changed with the lights on vs off so had to program for both. Luckily my radio allowed multiple mappings for the same function.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts