Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hiding in the shadows for a while, contemplating many things with my RAV4. Mine is a 2WD so its not the same as some of the other guys' transplants. I can only speculate at the price it would take me to do what I want to the 3s-fe and it blows my mind. So much custom fabrication.
Anyway, I've considered trying to find an MR2 to transplant from (so i'd have almost everything), but would that really be my best choice? Any thoughts? BTW, I'll be going all out, I want a HP monster, so that's another reason I'm considering this. Thanks ahead of time all. :?: :?:

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
dnylrq said:
Anyway, I've considered trying to find an MR2 to transplant from (so i'd have almost everything), but would that really be my best choice? Any thoughts? BTW, I'll be going all out, I want a HP monster, so that's another reason I'm considering this. Thanks ahead of time all. :?: :?:
I have something in the works right now that should be done sometime in April.... I wouldn't do the 3SGTE swap because of emissions.... You have to think if you have a 96+ RAV and you're putting in a 91+ MR2 motor it's not legal in the US.... now if emissions isn't done in your state than go for it...

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I love Michigan, I could swap in anything I want and no one would ever know under current laws. :twisted: :twisted:
I am very interested to see what you're up to though. What are you plotting :?:

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
dnylrq said:
That's why I love Michigan, I could swap in anything I want and no one would ever know under current laws. :twisted: :twisted:
I am very interested to see what you're up to though. What are you plotting :?:
It's in the works and will be done sometime in April... :D

·
Registered
10,240 Posts
dnylrq said:
I've been hiding in the shadows for a while, contemplating many things with my RAV4. Mine is a 2WD so its not the same as some of the other guys' transplants. I can only speculate at the price it would take me to do what I want to the 3s-fe and it blows my mind. So much custom fabrication.
Checkout toysports.com. They made a swap simular to the one you are about to do. also, as i have understood, their is even an installation kit.

http://www.toysport.com/webpages/Gallery/miscgallery/toysportrav4.htm

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come on DJ be 8) give me a hint. My birthday is coming and this would be a great gift :lol: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts