Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
RAV4 HV Limited, Prius Prime Advanced
2,096 Posts
Putting that in perspective, systems with just 49% satisfaction got a better rating, and VERY few system got more than 60% satisfaction. So clearly Toyota is not alone here, and the majority of auto systems pretty much suck. This has always been true and always will. Auto makers are burdened with a 2-3 year lead time for electronics, which will always keep them behind the curve for advancements.

·
Registered
776 Posts
The Entune system in our '13 Rav4 was atrocious. It was worse than my 2008 (5 year older) civic "navigation and premium audio" system. At least that system would let me enter destinations in-motion.

I understand the entune system for the '14 and up RAV4 was a bit different and better, but that doesn't change my experience with it. I'd rank it a 0/10 and "would not recommend".

Now to contrast that, The entune in our Sienna (2016 MY) is much better than the Rav4 one was. That said, it's still no substitute for using my phone (for navigation, song listening, etc) but it is better than the previous one.

I think rdgrimes is right though -- they all stink. I've seen many of them from Ford to Nissan to Honda (and Acura) to now Toyota and they all stink. I've watched videos of BMW/Mercedes infotainment options and they seem to stink just as bad (worse if you consider they're "premium" brands and hold themselves to higher standards).

I was waiting for Apple CarPlay to make it into the Pilot cause that was our next vehicle. Then I watched a bit about CarPlay and read some reviews. Nothing really special there (yet). Pass.

The interesting thing is that I'm finding more and more that Navigation (and infotainment in general) is becoming much less of an option. That is, you have to go LOOKING for a specific vehicle that does NOT have that option. That and/or the infotainment stuff is being pushed to lower trim levels where it didn't use to be or being packaged with other options so you have to go for it (you want a black car? Gotta get navigation! -- not kidding, build and price a sienna)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts