Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

None of my contacts are displaying the picture associated with them on the display -- just see the generic person silhouette. Is there a trick to getting them to show the actual picture for that contact?

Thx.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, despite my iPhone showing up as mostly compatible (except for SMS), there is nothing listed about contacts. I called Entune support and they said that feature is only compatible with Android. Sigh. I am beginning to see why a lot of others are choosing to replace the head unit. Sound quality, features, etc. are just not what it could be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there any update on this? (August 2017). I can't imagine there would not be some solution since iPhones are so popular. Is there a question about size. Somewhere I saw, maybe related to Android, that pictures can not be greater than some specified size. Do iPhones hold larger images and is that part of the issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
one Picture Mysteriously appears

Yesterday, one contact picture mysteriously appeared and continues to appear properly. This happened after I updated software on iPhone 6S to 11.1.2. However other contact pictures are not showing up. Any thoughts?? I did nothing intentionally to make it appear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Solution for Android

Yesterday, one contact picture mysteriously appeared and continues to appear properly. This happened after I updated software on iPhone 6S to 11.1.2. However other contact pictures are not showing up. Any thoughts?? I did nothing intentionally to make it appear.
I don't know if this will work on an iPhone, but I figured out how to get the contact pictures to show up from my Galaxy S7 edge. I tried playing around one day to get the contact images to show up after, like you, one contact picture mysteriously showed up. I thought it must have been the file size or type of picture my ex-gf had taken and sent me, so I tried a bunch of file sizes and formats... with no success. I even tried importing the contact list in the head unit to no avail. When a *second* contact picture started appearing whenever my friend would text me, I was able to figure out what was happening. This allowed me to think about what these 2 contacts had done which was different than all my others. And the answer was...

They had called me *while* I was in the car driving. I do not know why it works this way and it is surely a bug of some sort. However, I have now tested it with 3 other contacts and their contact pictures will now show up on the head unit display every time they text or call. Give it a try and have one of your friends call while you are in the car. It should pull the image after a few rings. If anyone is able to find a better way or report this to Entune, please, chime in. Hope this information helps others out there!

Next up on the head unit chronicles... finding someone at Toyota to give me the database update file for Gracenote. *sigh*

1 - 6 of 6 Posts