Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a new, reasonably high tech car don't you think it's odd that so many controls do not have backlighting? It's very difficult to control things at night. There's no lighting on the controls on both driver and passenger side as well as the Moonroof area. I have an XSE.

This is a major SAFETY issue! You have Safety Sense 2.0 and all this other high techery yet someone could get into an accident trying to find the buttons to adjust their side-view mirrors.

·
Premium Member
7,912 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
The lack of illuminated buttons by the moonroof drives me nuts. In the dark you can’t find the button to turn on the light! They don’t even feel different. They look nice during the day but at night (when you need them) the design is poor.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found these for my door switches.
I will Try them, they are disposable.
I just ordered them....

BUTTON LAMP Adhesive LEDs Light Package - Lightweight, Ultra Small, Ultra Bright LED Utility Lights - 6 Pack (BL-6885)
by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721NYMJN/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_ToZ1Db467Y0J6
Thanks! I'll check them out. To me this is a SAFETY issue! You have Safety Sense 2.0 and all this other high techery and someone could wreck trying to find the buttons to adjust their sideview mirrors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know, right...
My button lights come tomorrow..
I'll try a picture at night
Did you see all the photos for the product? It looks SUPER bright! It could be too much for a button. Let me know what happens! Thanks for being the beta tester. ;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
For a new, reasonably high tech car don't you think it's odd that so many controls do not have backlighting? It's very difficult to control things at night. There's no lighting on the controls on both driver and passenger side as well as the Moonroof area. I have an XSE.
no way !!

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you guys have the limited model it has blue ambient illumination for the in-dash shelves, center console cup holders and in-front footwells. If you don’t have that model, I’m sure you can get those lights from the dealer and it should be an easy install.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Ok,
The button Led's arrived today, They are bright, white led's.
they definitely solve the issue seeing the buttons on the moonroof, but it would be better in RED LED, IMHO...
They ruin your night-vision.
I have Pictures...

They stick-on and remove w/o any damage

Here is the Amazon link:

BUTTON LAMP Adhesive LEDs Light Package - Lightweight, Ultra Small, Ultra Bright LED Utility Lights - 6 Pack (BL-6885)
by Amazon.com
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721NYMJN/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_ToZ1Db467Y0J6

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
The button Led's arrived today, They are bright, white led's.
Actually too Bright, they ruin your night-vision, would be better in RED LED.
they definitely solve the issue seeing the buttons on the Drivers Door,

I added on a reflector to the Led to focus the light toward the buttons, and its much better

I have Pictures...

They stick-on and remove w/o any damage

Here is the Amazon link:

by Amazon.com

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
I fixed the brightness...

I changed the white light to RED by "borrowing" some of my wife's Red Nail Polish...
It worked very well !!!
You can vary the intensity of the light by the amount of coats you apply

·
Registered
483 Posts
Y'all really should be looking at the existing big thread on this:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts