1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
57 Posts
take a look it worth what i paid 250 including shipping , u can use it like exactly using a phone , fast ,reliable watch netfilx you tube iptv nav any other apps everything

How does the GPS work? Does Waze and google maps work? Do you need to connect the gps module high on your dash to get a signal?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Judging from the Youtube videos, it's actually an Android 7 tablet that uses your headunit's screen for the display. It emulates itself as an Carplay device for the display/touch/button stuff. However, underneath, it's an android tablet.

Since it's an android 7 tablet, you can install whatever apps from Google play, including Waze. You'll need to tether it to your phone's hotspot for the data connection.

@rav42019driver:
I mainly do the following on my 19 rav4:
1. make/receive calls using the car's microphone over Bluetooth.
2. Listen to podcasts from my phone via Bluetooth.

Questions:
  • With the MMB plugged in and active, does it interfere with phone calls? Eg: Can I receive and make calls while the device is running?
  • Since the MMB is just an android device, have you installed and tested the Android Auto app on it?
  • For the screen mirroring, do you need to install any additional app on the phone for it to work?

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Judging from the Youtube videos, it's actually an Android 7 tablet that uses your headunit's screen for the display. It emulates itself as an Carplay device for the display/touch/button stuff. However, underneath, it's an android tablet.

Since it's an android 7 tablet, you can install whatever apps from Google play, including Waze. You'll need to tether it to your phone's hotspot for the data connection.

@rav42019driver:
I mainly do the following on my 19 rav4:
1. make/receive calls using the car's microphone over Bluetooth.
2. Listen to podcasts from my phone via Bluetooth.

Questions:
  • With the MMB plugged in and active, does it interfere with phone calls? Eg: Can I receive and make calls while the device is running?
  • Since the MMB is just an android device, have you installed and tested the Android Auto app on it?
  • For the screen mirroring, do you need to install any additional app on the phone for it to work?
1- yes i can place and receive calls through this android device when u connect it with your phone Bluetooth but be honest its horrible static and reception i emailed the manufacturer and they are too fast in response and told me they already know about the issue and it will be addressed the next firmware upgrade
2- i ve been able to download AA on the device but it didn't make any difference it just change the interface i still hear the unclear call sound and statics i figured its no use for AA interface as i already have an android interface
- but if i listen for somthing playing from phone to the device through the bluetooth the sound is normal and smoth clear
-- for me its important to be able to mirror my iphone or android on the device to see them on the main screen

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@rav42019driver

Did you have to install any additional app on the phone in order to mirror it to the head unit display?

How's the stability of the device?
no specific app required to cast , just activate the feature from the icon then go to your phone start the casting
its stable until you receive a call it disconnects you have to do the process again

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the quick response,

Do you need to install the GPS antenna?

I read that the box will lost the time/clock settings when it's powered off and it needs a data connection to set the clock. It's this true?

Thank you!

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i didn't need to install the gps module because i got one already installed in my factory head unit and it shares the signal with the apple carplay or whatever
and yes the clock reset back to the default time but once u connect to internet it will show the right time and weather

1 - 10 of 10 Posts