Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I discovered a coolant leak in our 2013 RAV4. It is a gasket for a metal tube that is also connected to the dipstick. Anyone know what gasket this is? I figured it should be easy to replace since there are only 2 bolts that hold it on. Should I flush and refill the coolant at the same time since a bunch is likely to spill out anyway?

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
The tube where you have the leak is called the bypass tube. It allows coolant to flow through the engine before the thermostat opens and lets coolant through the radiator. I had the same leak in my 2013 RAV. Fixed under warrantee. The gasket was $1.35. The labor was $122, but all covered. This was one of the repairs I mentioned months ago under my post about 2013 RAV4 quality issues. I bet we're not the only two owners to have this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. We have over 50k on the car, so I'll have to check and see if the warranty is still good.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No - the thermostat gasket was fine. My small leak was at the bypass hose - small metal hose with two small bolts connecting it to the engine. Does that help?

·
Registered
2 Posts
No - the thermostat gasket was fine. My small leak was at the bypass hose - small metal hose with two small bolts connecting it to the engine. Does that help?
I took my 2013 rav4 to dealer ( under warranty ) and said they need to replace water pump and thermostat. Mmmmm this is according to their diagnosis. Ok.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey All,

I discovered a coolant leak in our 2013 RAV4. It is a gasket for a metal tube that is also connected to the dipstick. Anyone know what gasket this is? I figured it should be easy to replace since there are only 2 bolts that hold it on.
Hi Tom

You wouldn't happen to have the part number for that gasket by any chance would yuo? My son's 2013 RAV4 is leaking some coolant at exactly the spot shown in the picture too.

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts