Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The coolant level on my 2003 is down to the minimum line and has been steady there for approx 1 year. During its last service I asked the garage to check the coolant with the the approach of winter etc. When I got it back from service I didn't check until recently, but it appears not to have been topped up at all. I'm sure there's no leak since the level has been steady, but should I top it up myself or assume the Toyota boys know what they were doing and are satisfied with the level being on minimum?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you should really fill it back up. I noticed that I was at minimum as well and the car seemed to vibrated a lot more while in idle. I am unsure how long the coolant stayed that way, since I never check the coolant levels. It maybe due to agressive driving, or really pushing the engine?? which is my style. Now that I've added more coolant, the vibration calmed a bit, but its definately still not normal.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I drove my old corolla for 2 years without any coolant in the overflow reservoir and everything was fine (that was before I knew about cars). The main thing is that there is enough coolant in the radiator. If that drops, you are in trouble.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts