Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where the alternator is located on the 2006 RAV4 V-6? Things are packed so tightly in the engine compartment I can't find my way around.

Also, does anybody know if there are supposed to be fuses in both electric cooling fan slots 22 and 23 in the engine fuse compartment number 1 (passenger side) ? Slot 22 is called "RDI or FAN2" and slot 23 is called "CDS or FAN1". Our RAV4 only has a fuse in slot 23. I'm hoping that doesn't mean only 1 of the cooling fans is currently operational. For quick reference, it's diagramed on page 398 of the owners manual showing fuses in both slots.

Thank you , Adam

·
Registered
168 Posts
Adam,
You must have a V6. My manual for my I4 only goes to pg. 360. But I do have a 30 amp fuse in each location that are labeled cooling fans (RDI + CDS), although mine are in pos 20 and 21.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, we have the V-6. I find it curious that I have only a fuse for FAN1 and not FAN2. You are the second person I've heard from that have fuses in both slots. Hmmmm. It seems the more I learn about things the more paranoid I get. :?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PT - have you heard from V6 owners that have both fuses (or just I4)?

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Just checked mine, 50A in 22 and 23, mine has the tow prep pkg .

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard of other V6 owners with a fuse for each fan, but they both had the tow prep package. Also, those little box fuses seem hard to find. I've checked Autozone and Walmart, but nada. Unfortunately the closest Toyota dealer is about 70 minutes away. Has anybody else had any luck finding them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts