Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
I prefer, the "seat back as far as it will go, reclined as far as it will go, one hand on the wheel position".

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess it depends on personal taste. But Also, a lot of spinal injuries can be evaded with a correct position. Two hands on the wheel at 3 and 9. Moving your right hand just for shifting. Also, how tall are you? I'm just 5 with 8. Some guys here are over 6'. :)

You know the most that I fear regarding a hit at speed. My right knee with is just about the console. Ouch! :p

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I really see is the NASCAR drivers that are up there with the wheel almost being able to be driven with their nose. Since they are endurance drivers. Haveing your arms extended for very long periods of time must be very tiresome. Closer is better I guess.

·
Registered
176 Posts
After I get home from spending 5-6 hours behind the wheel of the RAV I like to put my hands on the handle bar of my Roadie with the left controling the clutch and the right with a wide open throttle but that is a personal preference :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
5' 18" here. ha ha.

Unlike the other vehicles in my life, the Rav allows me to sit mostly upright. Though the headrests become a shoulder rest.

Any driving posistion that allows me to steer with my knees is ok for me :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts