Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend that has a 2 post lift in his garage, and is willing to let me use it to change oil, rotate tires, etc. This is the type lift that the dealers use. He looked up the lift points for the RAV in the manual that came with the lift, and it shows to use the (4) jacking positions on the body pinch points to lift the vehicle?

Is that correct? Is that the lift points the dealer service departments use?

·
Registered
189 Posts
this is the best lifting points or groove of the cradle that you can use.

if you have rubber spacers or pieces of 2 x 3 x 4in wood would help not damaging it. but you dont have to put some in b/w. im sure your friends hoist lift pads is not slippery.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
asntonybb has the right information.

Your friend should have some lift pads that fit. One person in this forum suggested (or made) the same by cutting a groove in hockey pucks, or something very similar. There are hundreds of variations available.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is the best lifting points or groove of the cradle that you can use.

if you have rubber spacers or pieces of 2 x 3 x 4in wood would help not damaging it. but you dont have to put some in b/w. im sure your friends hoist lift pads is not slippery.
Thanks for the reply. I am aware of these jacking points, but wasn't sure they were adequate (or correct) for the post lift that lifts the entire vehicle weight all at once rather than just one corner when using the jack supplied with the RAV.

·
Registered
189 Posts
cool!

dont worry, once you put your RAVI in the middle of the posted-hoist ... and on those jacking points, lift it up for about, lets say when you here the first lock sound, like a CLICK sound,you stop, check the balance of the vehicle.

Like you push the front of the vehicle , if it felt like steady and balanced? go up and continue working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts