Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I would like more info. How much was it and how are they getting more intensity out of the LEDs; any idea? It appears its more than just a harness as the webpage indicates that they illuminate the tailgate stuff as well.

I did this mod on our Sonata and its a much more complete and classy look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
This is similar to what Diode Dynamics has for some other makes and models. I bought the "Turn as Tail" Module for my previous car and it works exactly the same.

OP: What was the cost of this if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
211 Posts
7800 yen is about 72.50 USD, and the site claims the install takes only 15 minutes. If that's true then I would be really interested. One other note - I see in one of the photos that the reflectors on the lower bumper are lit up. I've seen a separate mod/kit for that- was that done as part of this kit or a different one?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just my opinion: Hate how the brake lights are so weak and think its truly a design flaw.
Thank to one of my friend, a simple plug in and play will fix this issue.
If you need more information or local in CA
Completely agree! I thought it was a joke the first time when following another R4 in the day. Two little led dots on either side plus the third brake light when braking. Sooo cheap looking and wasn't surprised Toyota cut corners here. I also think this is a design flaw and a safety issue.

This is a great mod which looks to also enable the rear parklights when braking for a more noticeable fuller look and safer braking indication to those behind you. (y)

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Looking at the wireharness shown in the first picture, it looks to me that they add the 'brake' signaal to the driving lights. So when the driving lights or ON there will be no diffence but with the driving lights OFF they will light on thus giving more 'brake' light. Just my 2 cents. It would be absolutly perfect If the driving lights would give more light when braking vs driving .

·
Registered
1,719 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think someone posted this in another thread (want to give credit where credit is due but can't find the post), but supposedly US law requires manufacturers place left and right brake lights on locations of the car body that are not movable. I guess this is to make sure that if someone were to drive with their trunk/tailgate partially or fully opened, their brake lights would remain fully visible. Agree that the RAV needs better tail lights and am strongly considering the upgrade. I drove an Oldsmobile Bravada for several years and got rear ended three different times by tailgaters that couldn't see brake lights that were similarly small and mounted high up at the edge of a wide tailgate.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Wow, LED brake lights and tail lights! Just like every single 2006-2012 RAV4!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think someone posted this in another thread (want to give credit where credit is due but can't find the post), but supposedly US law requires manufacturers place left and right brake lights on locations of the car body that are not movable. I guess this is to make sure that if someone were to drive with their trunk/tailgate partially or fully opened, their brake lights would remain fully visible. Agree that the RAV needs better tail lights and am strongly considering the upgrade. I drove an Oldsmobile Bravada for several years and got rear ended three different times by tailgaters that couldn't see brake lights that were similarly small and mounted high up at the edge of a wide tailgate.
No clue ?
I know the product has just been made and I was one of the few lucky ones to try the product.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts