Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the Costco pricing is on Rav4 V6? I've had 2 dealers give me different numbers. One dealer said $1200 over invoice, the other said $500???

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I always assumed that the price would be the same for the same cars. Maybe the "over invoice" amount is different depending on option packages, colors.... or something?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My dealer first told me a couple of months ago that because the vehicle is so hot, they were only offering $500 below MSRP through the Costco deal. After I told them that I'd rather go through carsdirect.com if that's all they were offering, they came back with $500 over invoice. They're supposed to have a Costco members only price sheet but I have yet to see one.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a long discussion with CostCo about this. The pricing can vary based on region, so one region might have different pricing from another. I've seen the CostCo Toyota price sheet for the Southern California region. The price for the Rav4 was $500 above invoice. However, as of six weeks ago, the V6 version was not covered under the program due to its high demand and low supply. Both CostCo and the dealer confirmed that the car was specifically excluded from the program. The only other car I remember being excluded on the CostCo pricing sheet was the Prius.

Apian

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help. Apian your comments seem to make good sense.
It appeared that both dealers looked at the Costco list and looked at V6 Rav. The $500 deal was a couple weeks ago. The $1200 was just yesterday.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I was just at a dealer on Monday using the Costco buying program and was quoted $800 over on a 4cyl and $1200 on the V6. However, I got them down to $500 over on 4cyl after a little negotiation.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
called a 3rd dealer who said $700 for the limited and her list didn't differentiate V6 from V4?

rdiz92 was that $500 over invoice (their's or yours)? Which model did you get? I'm preparing for negotiations.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Karl,

It was their invoice price. I didn't buy one yet. Still shopping and trying to get one with the options and a price I can live with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts