Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went to get Costco price for 2006 RAV4, the dealer included all the fees possible looks like.. :( For example, the dealer is charging me $300 for TDA (Advertizing), $200 Wholesale Financial Reserve, $450 for Factory holdback. Of course there is destination charge of $605. and then he adds $500 over this and says that the "Price is JUST $500 over Invoice price".

IS that how costco prices work? Any suggestions? I am in So Cal area, let me know if you came across any good dealer.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Costco

My Costco quote is for $700 over invoice. The invoice exactly matches the prices I got online by starting at the Costco website.
I think you should contact Costco. They will use their awsome power to put that dealer in line.

Rav4Eric

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On your dealer quote, what did the car price start off at? When you add all the charges they listed, does that add up to $500 over the invoice price listed at Edmunds.com or kbb.com?

We used the Costco deal to buy a car a few years ago and the dealer told us 2% over Invoice. That's exactly what we paid, no haggling or additional fees except of course the destination charge and document fees.

My co-worker also used the Costco deal to buy a Toyota a few years back and it was also a percentage over invoice. Sometimes, instead of a percentage, they may say $500 over invoice or something like that.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yes you do. You will make back the $50 in about 30secs in one trip there so don't worry about it. Plus you're saving on your new car so there you go ..... membership paid for!

Later. M.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hoysala said:
When I went to get Costco price for 2006 RAV4, the dealer included all the fees possible looks like.. :( For example, the dealer is charging me $300 for TDA (Advertizing), $200 Wholesale Financial Reserve, $450 for Factory holdback. Of course there is destination charge of $605. and then he adds $500 over this and says that the "Price is JUST $500 over Invoice price".

IS that how costco prices work? Any suggestions? I am in So Cal area, let me know if you came across any good dealer.
i'm considering going to costco too for my rav4 purchase. which dealer did you go to?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see none of these fees on my sticker except for the $605 destination fee. How can some dealers add these fees and some don't. I have never heard of some of these fees :?:

·
Registered
875 Posts
hoysala said:

Advertising fee? you've got to be kidding. They're charging you to bring yourself over there? That's absurd. Go back there and kick some ass.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rav4gal,

I just needed a base model and so the base price started at 18,778 + price of whatever package it had + All the fees + $500. And they say costco invoice price includes all these fees.

As Rav4eric says, if there is an option to build this on costco website, I will try and let youall know. But, I dont think there is an autp price builder on costco website. Becasue costco auto program told me that I should be requesting Both Factory invoice price and Costco only price from the dealer. And costco doesn't say what is the invoice price. I understand that the final price of the car is just a negotiated price that the dealer has agreed to sell for costco members. The dealer says that (base price + all the fees) is the invoice price that costco has agreed to.

CornMonkey, I have tried El cajon toyota, now I will try a different one. Let me know if you found something better ..

Hoysala

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hoysala said:
...I have tried El cajon toyota, now I will try a different one. Let me know if you found something better ..Hoysala
Hoysala, I too have visited numerous Toyota dealers (Poway, El Cajon, Kearny Mesa, Carlsbad, Temecula, Mossy etc). I'm currently in negotiations with Escondido. Thank you to Putput for recommending them. I'm a AAA & Costco member and is also being charged Invoice+fees+$500.

I had to place an order for a V6 Sport because they didn't have one in the color I wanted. It only took 2 weeks (usual is 6-8weeks). I'm going to pick it up on Tuesday. Actualy the price I was given was already pretty good based on postings here that some will only sell at MSRP for the V6s. Poway told me the same thing. But I will try to see if I can take off all the fees they tacked on and just be truly Invoice+$500. Even though I had to special order it, the dealer may budge because I will be bringing in two friends who wants to buy two used Toyotas ASAP. If he gives me a better deal, I will let you know so you can go there and use my name to get the same or an even better deal.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hoysala said:
...the dealer is charging me $300 for TDA (Advertizing), $200 Wholesale Financial Reserve, $450 for Factory holdback. Of course there is destination charge of $605. and then he adds $500 over this and says that the "Price is JUST $500 over Invoice price".
Those fees sound pretty excessive. The extra fees (Costco program) I'm being charged amounts to $450 and I will try to make them take it out.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hoysala said:
Rav4gal,

I just needed a base model and so the base price started at 18,778 + price of whatever package it had + All the fees + $500. And they say costco invoice price includes all these fees.
If they're charging you $18,778 + $300 TDA + $200 WFR + $450 FH + $605 dest. + $500, that adds up to $20,883 + cost of options

MSRP for base including $605 dest. charge is $20,905 + cost of options

This means they're charging you only $22 below MSRP! That's not much of a deal at all and you should point that out to them! I'm positive that Costco deals are way better than that. My dealer initially quoted me at $500 below MSRP with the Costco deal. After I told them I'd rather wait, they came back with $500 over invoice. They didn't add on any other fees. Now, because you are in So. Cal. they may not be able to give you $500 over invoice but they should at least give you $500 below MSRP.

The only additional fees should be tax, license, registration, doc fees and financing fees.

Also, you may want to check that the options are priced at invoice price and not msrp.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Hoysala and KingKyu, the only fees I paid at Toyota of Escondido were destination, taxes/license/registration fees. They did charge me $25 (I think) for the electronic DMV filing but that was refunded since they didn't file it electronically (I wouldn't have known one way or another if they did). If you're getting charged fees other than these, say no. You might be able to negotiate down the destination fees but probably not if they're quoting $500 above invoice. You should be able to negotiate down options.

If they're quoting about $500 above invoice (the same invoice $ from edmunds, costcoauto.com, cars.com), that's the best deal I've seen in the So Cal area (especially in SD) for the V6 and right about where Costco pricings are for Hondas and a couple of other mfgers.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
COSTCO discount

We went shopping for a 2006 RAV4 today. They told us that the COSTCO discount in the SF Bay area is $500 under MSRP. They cited short supply as the reason for the low discount. Anyone do better than that recently in the SF Bay area or in the Greater LA area?

·
Registered
654 Posts
sloop, that was what I was told in mid Jan when I was shopping for my 4-cyl. It was down to $700 above MSRP at end of Jan. I'm guessing discounts on the 4 bangers are better now. I'm actually surprised that someone can get $500 above invoice with Costco in So Cal, especially for a V6. IMHO, people can do better than $500 below MSRP in CA right now. It may just take more work and research.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts