Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I decided to buy some all weather floor mats since during the winter the floor mats that come with the RAV4 just won't cut it.

I looked at all the regular suspects but decided I would try out the 3Dmaxpider for a couple reasons:
1. Cost shipped to my door all in just under 200 cnd.
2. Costco is great if you ever have a problem with something and need to return it.
3. Appearance, these are more sleek.

I am happy with how the floor mats look. Only time will tell but they seem durable and the underside are quite grippy almost velcro like.

The mats hug pretty tight to the trim which is nice.

The back floormat could extend around the side

·
Registered
38 Posts
I considered those because I like the look of them but I couldn't find anywhere local to check them out in person(I didn't know Costco carried them) and like the Weathertech liners they don't fully cover the false pedal which seemed to be the spot outside the stock mats that got the dirtiest. I ended up with the Husky Weatherbeater liners and am more than happy with them but those do look nice.

Is the liner covered in some sort of woven fabric or is it just a plastic/rubber type material with a texture that creates that look? It certainly looks thick enough to have multiple layers, at least around the edges where you can see the thickness.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Same ones I bought. I like 'em too.

I decided to buy some all weather floor mats since during the winter the floor mats that come with the RAV4 just won't cut it.

I looked at all the regular suspects but decided I would try out the 3Dmaxpider for a couple reasons:
1. Cost shipped to my door all in just under 200 cnd.
2. Costco is great if you ever have a problem with something and need to return it.
3. Appearance, these are more sleek.

I am happy with how the floor mats look. Only time will tell but they seem durable and the underside are quite grippy almost velcro like.

The mats hug pretty tight to the trim which is nice.

The back floormat could extend around the side

·
Registered
72 Posts
They look nice. Are they only available in Canada? When I googled them it took me to Costco’s Canada site.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have these and they suck big hairy moose knuckles.

A lot of water leaks down around the lock nubs on the drivers side. Plus the salt in the winter corroded the tabs that keep that logo on the mat. Which left 2 more holes for water to get through.

They do stay in place good though and the rears are good.

Also Toyota yanks them out everytime I go in...for 'safety" concerns.

I had Weathertech in the previous car and will be getting them again if I need to buy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I considered those because I like the look of them but I couldn't find anywhere local to check them out in person(I didn't know Costco carried them) and like the Weathertech liners they don't fully cover the false pedal which seemed to be the spot outside the stock mats that got the dirtiest. I ended up with the Husky Weatherbeater liners and am more than happy with them but those do look nice.

Is the liner covered in some sort of woven fabric or is it just a plastic/rubber type material with a texture that creates that look? It certainly looks thick enough to have multiple layers, at least around the edges where you can see the thickness.

The liner is a rubbery material with the texture ingrained into it. It seems like it is 3 layers top to bottom, plus the reinforced area on the driver side.

·
Registered
8,535 Posts
If the Maxpider surface is textured as it appears to be that will make cleaning more difficult. Weathertech mats have a relatively smooth surface, which makes cleaning rather easy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It actually is quite easy to clean. You are right tho, the texture makes a more difficult than weather tech but you can just hose it down or wipe it fairly easy

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have this brand for my Ford Fusion and I love them. They made it through one winter and with a quick hose off they looked brad new again. Like you the price was great and they have a higher lip and more coverage than some of the other brands.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts