Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spotted this along the road and managed to pull over and take a picture.
I wanted to wait for the owner to ask him/her where he/she got it but couldn't because I was in a hurry.
Anybody know where one could get such a thing. I think it looks cool but the star stickers will have to go.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm, seems too...cartoonish to me. but to each his own.

·
Registered
225 Posts
There are a lot of these aftermarket tire covers available in walk-in auto accessory shops here. They go for $25-45. It comes with a brake light, a very light night position blinker, and security lock. Here is a pic of one placed in our CRV before.:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, indeed to each his own.

Autobeat said:
There are a lot of these aftermarket tire covers available in walk-in auto accessory shops here.
Autobeat:
I'm assuming you got it in Manila somewhere... Banawe or SM maybe? I'm planning a trip home before this year ends. Can you PM me and tell me where you got yours?

I found out that the owner of the CR-V in the picture I took is also Pinoy. From the feedback so far, it looks like only Filipinos like this thing. Must be something in the rice :wink:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rob4.3 said:
Yes, indeed to each his own.

Autobeat said:
There are a lot of these aftermarket tire covers available in walk-in auto accessory shops here.
Autobeat:
I'm assuming you got it in Manila somewhere... Banawe or SM maybe? I'm planning a trip home before this year ends. Can you PM me and tell me where you got yours?

I found out that the owner of the CR-V in the picture I took is also Pinoy. From the feedback so far, it looks like only Filipinos like this thing. Must be something in the rice :wink:
hahahah LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! something in the rice?? like ADOBO OR KARE-KARE?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ChEcKmAtE & Autobeat said:
ADOBO ...KARE-KARE... Jolibee
yummy...'gutom na tuloy ako' :lol:
TRANSLATION: I'm hungry already.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rob4.3 said:
ChEcKmAtE & Autobeat said:
ADOBO ...KARE-KARE... Jolibee
yummy...'gutom na tuloy ako' :lol:
TRANSLATION: I'm hungry already.
langhya, maraming pinoy pala d2 hehehe

can you also give me the website for the SFARE COVER!! (spare)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ravnlunatic was kind enough to post the ebay link (see above).

Autobeat bought his from Banawe so I doubt if they have websites. He had also seen some in SM. I'm planning to just buy when I go home. I have a Sport - 18" tires (same as you ChEcKmAtE) so maybe by the time I get there they've already made some to fit the RAV's 18" tires. The guy selling the cover on ebay can't guarantee that it will fit, "however, the two side clips do allow for width adjustment".

·
Registered
132 Posts
rob4.3 said:
......looks like only Filipinos like this thing. Must be something in the rice :wink:
Ala-eh! (No translation-just a vocal gesture) Maybe more like from growing up watching Voltes-5 & Mazinger-Z, etc.... :lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Phourwheel said:
rob4.3 said:
......looks like only Filipinos like this thing. Must be something in the rice :wink:
Ala-eh! (No translation-just a vocal gesture) Maybe more like from growing up watching Voltes-5 & Mazinger-Z, etc.... :lol:
Hehe. :D Possibly. They finally did a rerun and showed the ending of Voltes-5 here around 7-8yrs ago. :wink:

Just thought on checking this thread again.

Have you guys had the chance to get one of these already?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Autobeat said:
Hehe. :D Possibly. They finally did a rerun and showed the ending of Voltes-5 here around 7-8yrs ago. :wink:

Just thought on checking this thread again.

Have you guys had the chance to get one of these already?
What was the ending of Voltes 5? We left PI right before these shows were banned. And whatever happened to Aphrodite A? :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Erwin said:
What was the ending of Voltes 5? We left PI right before these shows were banned. And whatever happened to Aphrodite A? :)
Woh, now that you mentioned it, I could not quite recall the details. Also because I think I'm mixing some details with Daimos which they re-run and showed the ending almost simultaneously.

Sorry, am not a good story teller. :D But what I recall the Bozanians retreated back to their planet, and the V5 team used the base which transformed to a space ship with the help of the falcon "volting in" with it. I know they eventually won the battle in Bozania, but couldn't recall the details. :D

As for Aphrodite A. Hehe. This is the femal version of Mazinger Z right? No re-runs done for this though. :D

Mods, sorry for the OT. Some fun discussions starting out here. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts