Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi can anyone help out with wiring diagrams etc.
rav4 2002 vvti petrol 2.0L
I broke down last night, car started to cough the drove fine. 1 mile down the road died, would crank over but not fire.
today plugged obd in and found 2 codes, p0100 and p0505, air flow and air idle. not to worried about these as they have been there since I got the car, took the air flow sensor out and cleaned it and the same for the idle control valve, and the bypass got a clean too. later I thought I would see if there was spark as all other tested had been carried out came back fine.

I have no spark!
checked battery 12.5v (on charge now to make sure good battery for tomorrow)
all fuses and relays checked
checked spark plug gaps 1.1mm (within tolerance)
coil packs all good ohms reading perfect
wiring all checked out with multimeter, (cant remember the readings but they were fine)
Crank shaft position sensor working fine as rpm test carried out when cranking engine over

thought I would try a different spark plug as no reason why I shouldn't get spark, (taken from my bike, I know its the wrong plug)
I got A spark, twice but that was it??

anyone help me out with wiring diagrams and any advice or pointers very welcome

thanks for reading

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jcllark1
Thanks for your reply, shes still out of action, going down the route of the immobilizer now, have a guy coming out on monday with far greater diagnostic equipment so hopefully get to the bottom of it then. But thank you again for replying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts