Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my Rav4 driven onto its side. :crying

My wife and child were also in the car luckely the are fine .

Now what is broken on the car:

the front bumper

The right front wing

And the front chassis is bent slightly to the left.

I loved this car as it was my wife i am very down right now. :frown

I have already tried to bend back the chassis but nothing helps.

I am now without a car and have no money for another.

So I guess I'll have to sell it for parts to raise money for another car because I live here far away from anything in the woods.

The engine is like new 113119 Kilometers everything is new on the car timing belt other belts oil - oil filter - air filter - transmission oil - rear axle oil - 4 new winter tires.

He runs like a sewing machine and the 4 x 4 as well.

Anyone have any idea how I can solve all this.

·
Registered
406 Posts
A professional body shop may be able to straighten the chassis, but I think it'll need the crossmember dropping.

Otherwise buy a non runner and transfer your parts over.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So sorry to hear about this! I don't have any suggestions, but stay optimistic! You can get through it with some brainstorming. Try to ask some friends if they know anyone who is handy with cars. People can be very nice if you reach out for their kindness.

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
The good news is that you and your family apparently were not injured; As was suggested, a good car body repair shop probably could straighten the bend in the chassis.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Glad all are OK.

Will insurance cover the damage?

And if so, is a loaner car included while the vehicle is being repaired? But if declared "totalled" (a total loss) you likely would not receive a loaner vehicle.

Either way, make sure all your personal items and paperwork are out of the vehicle before you take it anywhere for evaluation or repair -- you may never see the vehicle again if it is totalled.

Here, insurance companies will usually let you keep a totalled vehicle for about 10% of the settlement. That can be a good deal if you part it out. One great approach is to buy another of the same vehicle cheaply that needs the parts from your wrecked one. In this case, a "mechanic's special" vehicle is what you'd be looking for.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,048 Posts
Glad you and your family are well, johnrav41998. That was good advice above, try to find a RAV4 with a dead engine or tranny and transplant your's into it. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts