Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everybody...
I have a problem: I want the Cruise Control in my VVT-i 2002. Three years ago this electronic aid wasn't assemblable anyway in Italy... but I know C.C. in USA was "stock" or "optional".
So... I ask you, if is it possible, to have a picture of steering wheel without the cover of airbags, becouse under this, there are two plugs: one on the left (where is plug airbag contact) and one on the right (wher is plug a "ground wire" in my steering wheel). I ask a picture of this right plug without ground wire to see how much pins are inside and to know if the right plug is connectet to the Cruise Control Level. (is very difficult explain the problem sorry!)
Can you help me? THANKS A LOT !!!!

N

·
0 Posts
To what model does the link apply to?

Hi mogui

Unfortunately I can't read Russian at all - so my question:
Does the mod in the link you provided apply to a RAV4.21 (pre-facelift; models between 2000 - 2003)?

Regards
Guido

N

·
0 Posts
I think, I found the answer by myself.

My RAV4 (5/2002) has anaccelerator cable.You can tell by simply looking into your legroom. The pedal is connected to a cable, which is going into the engine-compartment.
If that is the case there is no chance to simply add the lever. You need to add a device to pull the throttle-cable - someting which is usually inluded in an aftermarket kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have installed the cruise control switch. I have not yet install the clutch switch. I tested the cruise switch by pressing it on and it light up the "cruise" on the dashboard.
But when i am driving i can not set the speed. Is the clutch switch that is missing ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts