Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if this topic has already been covered, but recently my cruise control switch stopped working. the light wont come on or anything. also the rear window heater switch doesnt come on either. Anyone know what the problem could be?

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
importtuner said:
the rear window heater switch doesnt come on either. Anyone know what the problem could be?
Have you verified that it doesn't work? sometimes the little bulb behind the switch can burn out and need to be replaced...
Not sure that's your problem though....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With multiple systems failing, the problem is most likely a fuse. If not a fues, it could possibly be a wire. Those would be my first two guesses.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i know its not the light because i tried it but the rpm doesnt stay at the set speed. as for the fuse, it should be in the cab behind that plastic cover right? how would i figure out which one it is?

·
Registered
779 Posts
The manual has a listing of the fuse locations. It will probably be in one of the fuse boxes under the hood.

·
Registered
273 Posts
There was a service bulletin on this. Make sure that the back of the switch isn't falling out of the stalk. If you kind of squeeze behind the silk screening on the stalk you'll probably feel it pop back into place. I think 99 and later had a screw installed to hold it in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts