Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is their a fuse, that controls the speed. Light is on dash. Unable to set speed. If their is a fuse where would it be located. For a 2000 Rav 4.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,922 Posts
Check the cancel switch on the brake pedal. It should be right next to the brake light switch.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Check the cancel switch on the brake pedal. It should be right next to the brake light switch.
How can this switch be checked? I'm having the same issue too! The green "CRUISE" icon is lit on the dash, but speed won't set. I figured it might be because I have no 5th gear right now, but I remember being able to set cruise in lower gears as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the replys, had to look on internet for clockspring, found out it was on steering wheel. Will have to check this all out. I did remove switch for clutch adjusment, but cruise worked after that, into the city, but not leaving city. Sincerely John1869

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
clock spring

labor to install clock spring in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada $400. then they would have to order part since it was built in 1999 they should order 2- 1999 & 2000. Since 8 clutches where replaced until they tried a 1999. Fit like a glove. Otherwise 3/8 to 1/2 inch spacing between engine and clutch in bango. Cruise stopped working when I replaced dash lights tried to have them replace at Toyota like pulling hens teeth. So I did it myself now the cruise quit. The last time I wrote got several answers. Price of clock spring was more than I paid for vehicle. Driving at 100 km/h cops stated doing 120 km/h asked him how fast those 10 other vehicles where going since they all passed me. So in 57 years first speeding ticket. Drove balance of the way at 85 km/h =52 mph bunch of vehicles past line up and copper behind transport truck took after vehicles. Will have to open up dash and see if I knocked a wire off. I want to thank all the people with answers for my problem. John1869

1 - 6 of 6 Posts