Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Owwwww!!! Poor RAV! :shock: I hope the driver was OK? Judging by the airbag deployment, I guess they were solo?

And why the eBay clearance? I don't see enough damage for it to be considered a "total" by the insurance company... :?: :?:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Part it out!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I realize you can't see everything from a picture, but it rather scares me that a $25,000+ vehicle was totalled out from so little apparent damage.

Then again "rebuild the frame rails" tells me it's pretty much doomed except for parts.

Wayne

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
wayne. it takes 2/3 of the total bluebook value to total a vehicle. Figure bluebook on a used base rav can't be more then 20k. 13,200 of damage means totalled. A new quarter panel on our XL7 costed almost $4500 2 years ago. Does not take much to reack 13k.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Lots of good parts and a full tank of gas to boot! :roll:

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
No way it was a crash test vehicle... Those poor things get demolished... Most components forward of the rear doors receives major trauma... :cry:

Due to the amount of damage to the space frame, none of those involved in testing would be reasonably driveable ever again, suitable only for parts salvage.

NHTSA Frontal Crash Video
NHTSA Side Crash Video

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
flyingn said:
wayne. it takes 2/3 of the total bluebook value to total a vehicle. Figure bluebook on a used base RAV can't be more then 20k. 13,200 of damage means totalled. A new quarter panel on our XL7 costed almost $4500 2 years ago. Does not take much to reack 13k.
That's not a hard and fast rule. Varies by insurance company and can end up a judgment call by the adjuster.

My Celica was only worth $9k when it got hit. Insurance company paid $8k to repair it. Near 90% of the value but the damage was contained to the rear bumper/liftgate and no airbags deployed. Really no reason to put it out to pasture.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts