Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drink mainly Starbucks coffee. Just by putting the cup down and up all my plastic is scratched to shit. I find that BS as that’s where you’re supposed to put your coffee. The Toyota plastic should be harder than a Starbucks lid/sleeve

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I drink mainly Starbucks coffee. Just by putting the cup down and up all my plastic is scratched to shit. I find that BS as that’s where you’re supposed to put your coffee. The Toyota plastic should be harder than a Starbucks lid/sleeve
I just saw your post and have only owned my new rav4 for 3 weeks. I just noticed scratches also and couldn't figure out how they happened but like you I have only put starbucks paper cups in there. Thought I was crazy till I read this. Did you find any solution for this? Any kind of liner for the cup holders as this is so unacceptable.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
402 Posts
no scratches here - but might be a ghetto solution for some. I use silicone inserts for my cup holder that I bought along with the silicone storage mats for added non-slip. Search on amazon for "silicone car cup holder toyota" - and see what strikes your fancy.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I did the search, nothing very tall. People might want to check out these silicone cups. I've got the 16 ounce version of this silicone cup and it does fit nicely into my Rav4's cup holder. I haven't tried putting a Starbucks cup inside the thing yet, so I can't verify if it fits. The silicone cup is thick too. Also, Amazon is delaying shipments on many items for a month, so that's an issue. But I guess I'll keep it in my car in case I do go there for a coffee craving since the plastic is so fragile.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Get this from ebay. Looks better than stock too!
The center console cup area can be replaced for fairly cheap when it’s time to trade in the vehicle. Or you can take it out and do plasti-dip for the cup holder area. That would probably work really well and would be easy to remove when it’s time to trade in the vehicle.
just my .02

·
Registered
48 Posts
I know this isn’t for that plastic area you are talking about, but the CF makes everything look good IMO and distracts from the scratched areas inside the cup holders. (As you can see, I have the same issue as you.) I also drink a lot of Starbucks coffee.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts