Did you notice a difference?

Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! Any more information about this, such as:
Purchased from? nolimitmotorsport.com
Part number? 1C4-540-A
Cost? $161.50
Did you notice a difference? i havent drove my since the rioting in Los Angeles so I will report back

i bought them from nolimitmotorsport.com but they seemed to have removed them from their website. i just google the part # and find the lowest price.

Registered
prob not, no need to take corners at 50mph! and i dont want to spend another $500 on those 2 items
Educate me, Lew. :)

Is the primary advantage of the strut bar for off roading or just overall performance handling/steering ?

Registered
2020 XSE Silver/Black Hybrid
Discussion Starter #7
Educate me, Lew. :)

Is the primary advantage of the strut bar for off roading or just overall performance handling/steering ?

Registered
Very informative, thanks !

There is less sway with the vehicle with a strut bar. It helps to reduce the impact of a high center of gravity.

Anyone know if this would benefit a 4Runner not used for off roading ?

Registered
Very informative, thanks !

Anyone know if this would benefit a 4Runner not used for off roading ?
Does your 4Runner have KDSS? If so you probably don't need this. The 4Runner KDSS system already has significantly thicker anti sway bars front and rear and is more buttoned down in highway/street driving etc than any 4Runner without KDSS.

Registered
Does your 4Runner have KDSS? If so you probably don't need this. The 4Runner KDSS system already has significantly thicker anti sway bars front and rear and is more buttoned down in highway/street driving etc than any 4Runner without KDSS.
Thx for the reply !

Don't yet own a 4Runner, but test drove a couple and the sway and nosedive when braking under normal driving was noticeable.

Registered
Thx for the reply !

Don't yet own a 4Runner, but test drove a couple and the sway and nosedive when braking under normal driving was noticeable.
What suspension set up did your tests drives have? There are actually 4 different suspensions available across the 4Runner line and they all behave differently. There is the base suspension, the X-REAS suspension, the KDSS suspension, and the TRD Pro suspension. I won't explain how they all work here ( 4Runner forums have lots of explanations ) but when test driving make sure to try them all. Some like the TRD Pro suspension ( in the TDC Pro model only ) are only available in certain models and some are optional on certain models. The KDSS is probably the most versatile suspension for its combination of good on road behavior and good off road capability, although some 4Runner owners are afraid of its complexity and future repair costs. People who plan on modding their suspension usually just get a base suspension as its the easiest to modify. X-REAS is good for highway driving and that's why its commonly found in the Limited Trim, but I've had 3 4Runners with X-REAS and now one with KDSS and I find KDSS better even on the highway. TRD Pro is really an off-road suspension. If you want a good explanation of KDSS with pictures of it working on a bone stock TRD Off-Road 4Runner check out this link.

For some reason when I view the linked site in Chrome it doesn't show the pictures, but it does in Safari.

Registered
What suspension set up did your tests drives have? The KDSS is probably the most versatile suspension for its combination of good on road behavior and good off road capability, although some 4Runner owners are afraid of its complexity and future repair costs. People who plan on modding their suspension usually just get a base suspension as its the easiest to modify. X-REAS is good for highway driving and that's why its commonly found in the Limited Trim, but I've had 3 4Runners with X-REAS and now one with KDSS and I find KDSS better even on the highway. TRD Pro is really an off-road suspension. If you want a good explanation of KDSS with pictures of it working on a bone stock TRD Off-Road 4Runner check out this link.

For some reason when I view the linked site in Chrome it doesn't show the pictures, but it does in Safari.
Thx again for the detailed reply !

I just test drove the basic SR5. I have read the 4Runner forums and saw the comments about the negatives of the KDSS and comparisons. Don't need the off road suspensions.

Always wanted a 4Runner but just want as a daily street driver which has cons. Probably stick with the RAV.

Have a couple of questions about the 4Runner. Do you mind if a message you ? Don't want to go against any possible forum policy talking about 4Runners. :)

Registered
Have you noticed any difference from installing the strut bar? Not sure if it's worth getting or not.

Registered
How much flex in the bar if you press straight down in the middle. It appears that it's not beefy enough to not flex and have no benefit at all. My 2009 BMW X3 had an 2 inch round bar from tower to tower. It would not flex at all. This one looks way to flimsy and expensive to make any difference.

Registered
Just installed one of these today. Initial reaction is that the car feels a lot more stable while steering around corners. I鈥檓 really happy with the change. I added one of these to a wrx in the past and made a world of difference (but obviously on a much different car) I鈥檓 hoping this will translate to a little more of an in-control fell on the highway. I鈥檒l update if this is true whenever I get on the highway next

1 - 20 of 23 Posts