Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I've been looking around and I know this topic has been discussed to death but I'm wondering if anyone has any pictures or experience with Covercraft or Ultraviolet Heat Shield custom fit windshield shades on models that have a Rearview Mirror Sensor.

I just bought a 2016 RAV4 SE (my first SUV as well as my first brand new car) and I want to do everything to keep it in great shape for as long as I can. With me being in Florida, the sun is killer and I'm worried about the dashboard being harmed by UV. I currently have one of those cheap "one size fits all" shades for now but I'd like something that is a bit more form fitting and aesthetically pleasing. Trying to find pictures for these shades for specific model cars is a little troublesome.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I bought one very similar to those that was a custom fit to my 2011 Sonata and it worked very well. When I traded the Sonata in on my 2015 RAV, I kept the sun shade and it is almost a perfect fit for the RAV. I have the Rearview Mirror Sensor, but it is only operational when the car is turned on and at that time your sun shade should have been removed and should not cause any problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just in case anyone is interested, I thought I'd give you an update. I emailed both Intro-tech and Covercraft to see if they had a model with a larger cutout to accommodate the tech package. Intro-tech responded with the following:

"Was just at the toyota dealer yesterday and saw a few with the tech package it is a box about 9 ‘’ long and
5’’ wide the mirror is attached on the box there is a sensor under the mirror mount .
We are adding this to our list of designs should be available next week part number will be
TT-41A-P w tech package"

Covercraft just pointed me to the already existing version they have and didn't seem to understand that I was specifying my concerns about the rearview camera area.

·
Registered
27 Posts
HeatShield brand custom-fit windshield sunshades now lists a sunshade for the 2016 Rav4 with the rearview mirror sensor (lane departure alert camera). The new part number is 1650. The listing just appeared this morning on Amazon, available from Protrim Inc.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunshade-Heatshield-Windshield-Custom-fit-1650/dp/B01EP50JJW
I just recieved this sunshade and it fits perfectly around the rearview mirror sensor on the 2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited. This is the third sunshade I've purchased from this vendor and all of them have been perfect fits for the vehicle they were made for. Highly reccommended.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts