Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking after one of my Toyota buddies, I decided to make my own custom "TRD" steering wheel and buy a TRD leather shift knob from Japan. The knob has been discontinued in the US and has to be purchased through a Japanese vender, like RHDJapan.

To make the "TRD" wheel, I used a 00-05 Celica GTS wheel as the base. You then remove the stock Toyota emblem and take the button out of a TRD horn button to replace it with. The TRD horn button is also only available in Japan to my knowledge. For the steering wheel to fit properly, you will need to buy a Celica clockspring/sprial cable so the cruise control and airbag will work. Here are the results. Matches nicely with the TRD centercaps I have on my Nissan Skyline wheels. >:D

Parts available here, click up near the top right corner to switch currency to USD. Took roughly a week from purchase to delivery.

TRD Shift Knob 5MT Leather - RHDJapan

TRD Steering Wheel Horn Button Black - RHDJapan

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Very nice. Definitely like your RAV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sweet! What diameter is the Celica wheel? I can't stand my 2005 wheel - it's big enough to be a school bus wheel and hard as a rock! My GF's 2002 plastic, falling apart SW is so much softer and more ergonomic than my 2005. I don't even use the SW radio controls; they are so awkwardly placed, it's easier to use the controls on the HU.

Is that airbag from the Celica as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts