Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can anyone tell me where to get this product? I have seen a few of these in Los Angeles. It is a spare tire cover that looks like a belt buckle similar to the Nissan Pathfinder. I wish I can provide more details (or a picture) but I have only seen it when I am driving on the freeway. *sigh*

It seems like the buckle thingy lights up with the brake lights. What is this called and where can I get this? I managed to chase down another Rav4 on the 101 freeway because he had an email address posted on his window about his tire cover.. but no response :(

By the way, can anyone recommend a good junkyard in Los Angeles?

Thank you so much!

P.S. I used to lurk on this website until it was closed down... very happy to be back!

My Rav4: 1998 2DR 2WD Softtop green with only 45k miles :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just saw another one on a CRV while I was driving so I guess this thing is somewhat universal.

The "cover" does not cover the tire completely, only across the middle section. I think it's made out of fiberglass.

PLEASE, if you know what I am talking about, help me post a picture because someone may know the sources. Thank you!

·
Registered
396 Posts

Are you talking about this spare tire cover?If so, I believe this was an imported spare tire cover from the Philippines and other asian countries. There was a US distributor a few years back but I don't think the cover's available readily anymore. Course I could be wrong. I had a hard time trying to find one when I wanted to get one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have one of those... It's made out of ABS Plastic. The US distributor is gone. And they should be charging $200 not including shipping for it.

The looks of this thing is good, but the quality build is flimpsy. Bought mines @ ebay a few years ago, like 4 years ago. Was trying to find another one to replace mines when I put a hole in it. Couldn't find it so bondo fixed it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts