Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

I am trying to upload the Customized Startup Image on my Rav4 2015. I have the valid jpg file which I have saved into the folder StartupImage but still I am getting an error that. "USB flash drive is not recognized. Please check that if it is properly connected". I formatted my drive with FAT32, used the other USB Hard Drive, but still the error appears. Please help!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also have a related problem. For some reason, a picture I want to use for my avatar isn't being accepted. It's in the jpeg format and meets all the size requirements. :confused:

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
I also have a related problem. For some reason, a picture I want to use for my avatar isn't being accepted. It's in the jpeg format and meets all the size requirements. :confused:
I highly recommend you download a free program called Irfanview:

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

1. Load your photo in Irfanview.
2. Choose Image->Resize/Resample.
3. Set your height and width to 200 pixels or less.
4. Choose File->Save As and save your avatar as a JPG using 90% compression.
5. Check the new avatar file and make sure it's 58.6K or smaller.
6. If it's too big, save it with more compression.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I highly recommend you download a free program called Irfanview:

IrfanView - Official Homepage - one of the most popular viewers worldwide

1. Load your photo in Irfanview.
2. Choose Image->Resize/Resample.
3. Set your height and width to 200 pixels or less.
4. Choose File->Save As and save your avatar as a JPG using 90% compression.
5. Check the new avatar file and make sure it's 58.6K or smaller.
6. If it's too big, save it with more compression.
Thank you. I appreciate the help.

I checked out the website. When I tried downloading the files, I received warnings that an infection was detected. I wasn't sure what to do, so I stopped at that point.

FWIW, the file I originally tried to use for my avatar is a jpg file that is 12 KB, 199 X 136 pixels.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Thank you. I appreciate the help.

I checked out the website. When I tried downloading the files, I received warnings that an infection was detected. I wasn't sure what to do, so I stopped at that point.

FWIW, the file I originally tried to use for my avatar is a jpg file that is 12 KB, 199 X 136 pixels.
There is no infection at the Irfanview site, it must be a false positive. I have since found out that there is a problem with the avatar system--even I can't save one. I'm going to check it out with the site owners.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is no infection at the Irfanview site, it must be a false positive. I have since found out that there is a problem with the avatar system--even I can't save one. I'm going to check it out with the site owners.
Thank you ... all good to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts