Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello fans RAV4.
I own RAV4, ZSA30L, transmission type K111F. I would like to change the lubricant but would have prayed if there were progress as it replaced. I have everything coupe, but to neglect something so if anyone has instructions, manufacturer's recommended procedure, you know you help me?
Thank you and Sorry about my English, I use translator. :oops:

·
Super Moderator
11,099 Posts
What year model is this?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
It's apparently got a CVT transmission :frown which, if true, means it's not in North America for a start.

Maybe someone outside North America could assist?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

complete CVT K111F service instructions are available at Toyota-tech.eu for a small charge.

Now the instructions are not for a CVT pure oil change since is supposed not to be needed (=bull****).
Instruction are how to add oil after various repairs with different amount of oil added depending on what's done.

On the web there's a lot of guidance how to remove the gearbox bottom pan. OK, but that does not change
but a fraction of the oil in the CVT box. But it's better than nothing though of course.
The are some service companies that perform a flush (after removing bottom pan) to replace the old oil by
pumping new oil into the system. That way most of the oil is replace. How the flush is done I don't know -
haven't found instructions. maybe someone can tell? I guess oil is pumped in same way as the CVT own pump
during driving?

The above situation is similar with a lot of cars brands nowadays. The designer do not care to enable easy auto
gear oil change. Intention is that the car is scrapped after driven 100 000 km or so. What a waste!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts