Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks, I have been watching, and reading for about 2 months now, and I've finally got one! I picked up a V-6 Ltd yesterday. It is Pacific Blue (first choice was Blizzard Pearl), but this was second. The car is everything you said it is. I've really been impressed w/ it. I'm still trying to figure out how Toyota got so much room inside what looks like such a small vehicle from the outside.

My purchase story is pretty much like what I've seen from others. After getting the run around from local dealers (who didn't have a V-6 Ltd, and nothing on the radar), I figured out they were just after my deposit so I would be stuck. I found out that an acceptable car was scheduled for delivery to a dealer about 100 miles from me. (I put in zip codes for all of the major areas within 250 miles on the web site) I then sent out an e-mail and later a phone call to the dealer asking for an out the door price. I expected MSRP+, but was pleasantly surprised when they came back w/ about $1500 off sticker. I put a deposit w/ Credit Card, then it was just a waiting game. I made the deal on 4/28 (expecting delivery on 5/1) but it didn't make it in until 5/16 and I picked it up on 5/18.

I got to drive it home last night, and that was it! My wife is in it tonight (it IS her car). I understand the commercial from New Zealand now. We got it to save on gas, but I'm afraid we may use more gas b/c we will be looking for excuses to drive somewhere.

Well, too much talking, but thanks for helping me make this decision!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PacBluRAV said:
We got it to save on gas, but I'm afraid we may use more gas b/c we will be looking for excuses to drive somewhere.
Hahaha!!! That's just like me! :D After 10 weeks of waiting, I finally got my V6 Limited on 5/15 and I love it! I always want to go somewhere just so I can drive it! My husband laughs about it and I've offered to let him drive but he's letting me have all the fun right now. I already have almost 200 miles on it and I just got it 4 days ago! Anyway, congrats on your new RAV!!!

ravgal

·
Registered
29 Posts
Congrats! I finally picked up mine tonight! The leather job that they did on the interior was great. Really plush stuff and well done. You would never know that it was done aftermarket.

Too bad it started raining tonight!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PacBluRAV,
When you say Delivered, where did they deliver to?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PacBluRAV,
When you say Delivered, where did they deliver to?
It was delivered to the dealer...I had to go there to close the deal, and get the car...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts